I want to thank all of you for sending your best purrs and prayers to us this week. My father passed Thursday afternoon. He had lived in a nursing home for 22 years - he had a seizure and stopped breathing in 1989 and suffered brain damage due to the lack of oxygen. Knowing that even if he was able to beat his pneumonia, sepsis, and the heart attack he suffered while in ICU that he would not have a great quality of life, we easily made the decision on Sunday to stop his treatment and begin comfort care, so he was comfortable for his last few days. He hung on long enough that the family was able to visit him and say their goodbyes. While we are sad, we are also relieved that he is at peace, and so we also are at peace.
This is kind of a funny thing that happened this week that you may or may not understand. You all may know that Sparkle's Human is dating a guy who is in a band that I am a fan of. Every single time I was driving to the hospital, when I was within a specific area, one of his bands' songs would come on. Every time it did, I would think of Sparkle and then the entire CB. I felt like it was a reminder that I had wonderful cats purring for me and their wonderful humans praying for me. Maybe it's silly, but I don't care. Thank you all, truly. I will get around to thanking each of you within the next few days, but until then, please take this as my most sincere thanks.
We, me and the human, that is, are so sorry that you're having to go through this. Giving someone up to the rainbow bridge is never an easy thing to do, but at least he is at peace now. Purring for you.
ReplyDeleteÄiti writes: Many condolences to you. I know how it feels, and also can relate to those little things that make you remember there's a world out there which can hold your pain and grief. Mine was seeing a red kite (the bird) hovering when I drove to the hospital when my father had just died. When it happened, it felt right even though it was sad and really emotional. Living with a lack of oxygen is very hard for those around, let alone for the person themselves.
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts are with you, and I hope the girlcats can look after you. With love
Karin
Me and my mom are so sorry. Please accept our condolences from us.
ReplyDeleteWe might not completely understand you all but we feel better to know you feel you have friend to comfort you at this difficult time. And please take your time.
With love and Hugs
Puddy and Mom Boom
Jana,
ReplyDeleteWith Annie's passing this week, and all the stress and grief at my end, I don't think I knew what was going on for you. Or if I did, I don't remember and I'm so very sorry.
Please accept my deepest condolences and know I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers, sending universal Light for Blessings and Peace.
(((Hugs)))
-Kim
I'm so sorry -- It's difficult to lose a loved one. I'm holding you closely to my heart. xx
ReplyDeletePlease know that you're in our thoughts and prayers!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry, Please accept our condolences. Prays & Purrs for you.
ReplyDeletejoanne, jane, jill, johnny, jay boy, jasmine & capu from singapore
I am so very sorry for your loss. We are keeping you in our thoughts and purrs during this sad time. {{{hugs}}}
ReplyDeleteJana, I am so sorry about your father. It is so hard to lose a parent. But like you said, he is at peace now and out of pain. I am so glad that song came on the radio and that it made you think of the cat blogosphere and it gave you a little peace. We think that is terrific. Lots of hugs coming your way from the gang here.
ReplyDeleteJana, this is Jenny speaking. I am very sorry to hear your news about the passing of your beloved father, but yes, it is good he is without pain or suffering. Still, it is so sad when we lose one we love. I know the feeling of losing a parent as my mother died a year ago and I'm the very last left in the family. I still miss Mom terribly as she was also my best friend. Anyway, I'm going on about that, it's you that I send the warmest feelings and hugs to. I may not have known your father, but I can honestly say this: by the way you do your blog, all your love and caring shows through tremendously, so I have no doubt you were the best, best daughter and he was a happy and lucky man for that. Jana, I am thinking of you and sending my prayers for all of your family for love and peace.
ReplyDeleteXOXOXO Jenny, Sam & Lucy
We are so sorry, Jana, Fuzzy, and Zoe, for your loss. We will be thinking of you, and the cat kids will be purring for you to continue to be at peace.
ReplyDeleteTucker's Mom
We are thinking of you - we are sorry to hear about your Dad but he is in a better place and pain free now.
ReplyDeleteluv Hannah and Lucy also Mum Sue xx xx xx
Sending lots of purrs in theloss of your father. With deep sympathy.
ReplyDeleteMy sympathies on the passing of your Dad. I am glad you had time to say goodbye. It's funny, I was thinking about you and the kitties yesterday, I wonder if it was on one of your trips in the car. My prayers are with you,
ReplyDeletexx trish
I am so very sorry to hear that news. My sisters and I send you our best purrs and hugs.
ReplyDeleteMy purrs and thoughts are with you, and we are glad you got to be with your dad at the end. Of course, the Cat Blogosphere was with you in spirit... we always are.
ReplyDeleteJana
ReplyDeleteI am deeply sorry to hear about the loss of your Father.
No one can ever take away your memories.
No one can remove the precious times that you have with your dearly beloved Dad.
Those memories are for you to keep, to treasure, to store in the recesses of your mind and heart.
The memories will come at expected moments and unexpected ones.
Some will bring you sorrow and some will bring you joy and happiness.
Our dearly beloved are like stars in the heavens and although their life on earth had ended, their lights continue to shine and they endure in our hearts and minds.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and sending you healing hugs.
Abby's Mom Debra
Oh Jana, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending thoughts & hugs.
ReplyDeleteStacy
Carole here:I am so so so sorry. I am so glad that you felt that we of the CB were twined round your heart and with you, and that you took comfort from all of us- because we do love one another and care deeply about what happens to all of our kitties and their moms and dads and grandpawrents.
ReplyDeleteMuch love, and peace be with you. ♥♥ xox
I am so very sorry for your loss. I pray you are given the strength to get through this most difficult time. You are in our prayers and hearts xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteThe Human and I are very sorry that you lost your Dad. No matter how old someone is, or how long he's been ill, the Human says it is always really hard when the moment comes. We will keep purring and purraying for you.
ReplyDeleteThe Human and I both believe that we will all be together again when we go to Ceiling Cat one day. Till then, we are glad we all have one another in good times and bad ones.
Purrs.
Our deepest condolences on the passing of your father. Peace be with you and your family in this time of loss.
ReplyDeleteWilliam, Olivia, Caroline, Russell, Gracie and mom.
We are very sorry for your loss and send our consoling purrs. Our mum sends (((hugs))).
ReplyDeleteWe are so sorry for the loss of your father. We send you comforting purrs, headbutts and hugs.
ReplyDeleteWally, Ernie, Zoey and mom Sue
We are very sorry that you lost your Dad. Sending you the very best thoughts, purrs and prayers.
ReplyDeleteWe are very sorry for your loss. We are glad that you all could say goodby to him and he is in a better place. But it is really hard time for you--we are thinking about you and holding you. With lots of love.
ReplyDeleteOur condolences to you. We know how hard it is to lose a loved one. We miss our Grampie but he was only in a nursing home for four months before he went to heaven. We can't even imagine having someone there for years.
ReplyDeleteWe are so sorry that your Father passed away. It must have been difficult to have him in a nursing home for 22 years. We are sending you purrs and purrayers and many hugs.
ReplyDeleteLuf, Us
So sorry to hear about your father.
ReplyDelete{{hugs}} to you.
Love from all of us here.