Fridays are awesome. My mom still has to get up in the morning early, so I get the warm spot while it's still kind of chilly in the room - there is nothing nicer than a warm spot! She's in a good mood when she comes home, because another work week is over. I'm a little upset at some of our new friends, though. Because of some of you, I have to go to the vet next week. But, it's pretty unanimous that Zoe is a nutjob, so I'm happy about that.
I want to thank all of you who came by yesterday and offered your thoughts on Zoe's chittering. Some questions were asked that I should have thought to put into the post. So far, she has only done this in the evenings when I'm taking a bath. Like every cat I've ever had, they both have to hang out in the bathroom with me. Zoe talks to me the entire time, and Fuzzy just sits there (she then usually goes to bed). As far as Fuzzy's health, as far as I can tell she's fine. But, I was considering bringing her in for a senior wellness exam anyway, just to make sure. Now I've made up my mind to do just that. (She's already had one this year, but it was over 6 months ago, I think.)
Zoe's personality changes frequently - she rarely keeps a nap spot for more than 2 weeks, and she goes back and forth between wanting to sit on me and not caring if I even exist. I have never taken in an adult cat before, so I assume this is fairly normal. And, like the Meezer's mom, this is the first time I've ever owned 2 females, so again, this may be normal. I also like the suggestions that this is Zoe's reaction to the change in the weather. I may look into the rescue remedy, but generally the girls drink water from MY cups, so I'm not sure how much of the remedy they would actually end up getting.
Again, thank you all - it was nice to read your thoughts and suggestions on my goofy clown cat.
Fuzz Friend, a trip to the vet is not so bad, really. Ask your people to bring you to the nice man vet that I always talk about. I'm sure he'd travel across the big ocean to see you if you asked him personally.Course,I don't know his address, so that could be a problem. Still, if you miaow loud enough, maybe he'll hear you.
ReplyDeleteHuman to human: If they drink water from your cups, give yourself Rescue Remedy.It's totally harmless and will only make you feel good if you drink it. Never a bad thing, eh? Does Zoe like water? If so, the chittering could be in excitement at seeing so much of it and frustration because she can't access it.
I was also thinking that a calming collar may help. You can find them online and they work wonderfully! - MeezerMom
ReplyDeleteWe wish Fuzzy good luck at the vet. She should have her T4 (thyroid) checked, when you have the blood work done. Ask for it if the vet doesn't automatically do it for senior kitties. Annie was asymptomatic last year when she went for a check-up and it was only discovered via routine senior blood work.
ReplyDeleteZoe is just...special, we think. LOL.
Well, I think it sounds like you are doing everything right. We have heard the calming collars work great (we don't have them here because they do have a smell and it gives me a headache) but it is supposed to work quite well.
ReplyDeleteAnd a check up can't hurt - plus with Zoe it may just be another mood she is in that will pass quickly.
Most of those things that Zoe is doing are pretty normal for any cat. You just never know what they are up to and that is what makes them so unique. Hope Fuzzy does all right at the vet. She is probably just fine, just a little older. Have a great week end.
ReplyDeleteFuzzy, we hope everything goes okay for you at the vet. It's probably a good thing to get checked out...they call that preventive medicine!!
ReplyDeleteNatural medicine is the best way. I'm starting to look into this for Nishiko as she seems to be quite an anxious little girl. My girls like to join me in the bathroom when i'm having a bath, Xanthe particularly will climb up onto the bath and bat the bubbles, lol. I do hope everything goes well with the health check, please keep me informed. LiveStrong and have a good weekend. Kitty x
ReplyDelete