Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Mischief

Somecat is in trouble.  Problem is, I'm not sure which one.  When I stumbled through the door yesterday, exhausted from my trip, I didn't notice anything wrong.  It wasn't until later, after I had rested up and came downstairs to find something to eat that I saw this:
Now, normally when somecat has done something bad, it's easy to discern which cat is the guilty party because of things you have already witnessed them doing.  The problem is, both girls have displayed this behavior before.  Fuzzy, the Good Girl, has only done 2 bad things in her life.  One involves innocent rolls of paper towels, and the 2nd involved the carpet at the top of the stairs.  Ever since I bought her a cardboard scratcher, she has left the carpet alone.  Zoe LOVES to scratch the carpet, but she has never gone so far as to shred it - normally it's a quick few grabs before she bolts out of the room like her tail is on fire.  Or when she wants attention, like this:
I don't know what on earth possessed one of them to shred the carpet and rip off the weatherstripping at the bottom of the door.  Perhaps this was just an isolated incident.  I've spoken to them both individually, but nocat's talking.  But I hope they know I have my eye on them.

20 comments:

  1. MOL! Girlcat rebellion! Well, if you do go out to see ridiculously dressed humans and allow them to be humiliated by telling the world about it on the interwebs, there has to be revenge, hehehehe. And what's a bit of weatherstrip between friends ? We had a new backdoor fitted and the strip lasted all of two days. And that was the side and bottom strip wrecked, not just a little bit of pulling and repositioning. And you cannot possibly punish both girls because it wasn't both of them - so best not to punish either and give lots of those bogey treats they apparently like. And when you abandon them again ,perhaps think of buying them a huge cat tree and lots of catnip mousies so they don't get bored.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbled into your blog and found those lovely ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee..hee..hee...Impressive Job : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like they did a good job. Nice going girls and that Mom doesn't know who did it. That is the best part. What ever, it sure looks like you two had a great time.
    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh oh!! I've shredded the carpet here too...no mistake that it was me...I was caught red-pawed!!

    Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harley loves to lay on his side and scratch the carpeted stairs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job, girls!!!!!!!!!!

    We know you were just trying to get outdoors.

    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did that once when mommy CLOSED the HALL DOOR! That kept me from her so I tried to dig under the door to get to her. I made a pretty good sized hole in the carpet that had just been laid. Mom was sad. I was mad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We think there must have been an evil intruder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. uh oh!! that is some serious stuff! Wonder which one it could be or was it a group effort? Cody did that sooo badly by our bedroom door....we are ripping out ALL of our carpet in February and are putting in Pergo floors....hopefully he can't ruin THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, good going, girlies! That's some mischief! Well, maybe it'll make your people think twice about abandoning you with no stinky goodness and no tuna on tap a secondtime. Way to go, showing her who's boss!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We know who did it!! It was Knott Me! He's a very Bad Cat. We know cuz he visits our house and does naughty stuff here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just like the Katnip Lounge we have a cat who comes around here called Mr. Naughty-Badcat. He is sneaky and mostly unseen...sounds like he has been over to your house too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love to pull up Mom's carpet in the dining room.

    purrin
    xoxox
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, we reckon it was Nott Mee too. We can't believe that either of you would have done it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Uh oh. Another weatherstripping addiction in the making! That I totally get.

    The carpet shredding, I don't know. Could there have been some tasty bug in the vicinity?

    ReplyDelete
  17. When SomeHuman LEAVES and GOES AWAY for like FOREVER, it is not really SOMEHUMAN's place to be criticizing the poor, neglected kittehs. Now, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Oh .....
    We think it is the "invisible" woof woof ....
    Tell your mommy!!

    Love, Lucky & Co

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lupie is really close to the answer. It was the neighbors dog which broke into the house and dug on the carpet. Its a good thing that the kitties were there to scare the dog away.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think Admiral has a good point: somecat was trying to dig under the door. Mad at her for going?

    ReplyDelete