 |
| What the heck is up with my paw!?? |
We got nothing catchy for our blog title today. Thank you all for your kind words about my vet visit yesterday! I have to have my
*anal glands* cleaned out every few months or so, so it's not a huge deal. I am a Very Good Girl. I did get a little squirmy this time, but it was still all ok. My mom had him take a look at this knot/scab I have, and he said it was just a clogged up oil gland - a blackhead. He didn't mess with it any further. She's a real worry wart. I did lose a little more weight - I went from 7.2 pounds to 6.8. Our vet had just got back from a clinic or class or something in Florida, and one of the main things they talked about was
something UTIs in senior kitties (my mom can't remember what the
something was he called it - the word that keeps popping into her head is occult, but she's pretty sure that's not it!!). Anyway, he was thinking that I could have an infection, so he went ahead and put me on some Amoxi drops (my eyes are a tad runny, too, so this will not hurt me a bit). BUT, I'm ok - everything is good!
OK, now that I have a little of your pity, I must confess something terribly humiliating. I hope you will still be our friends after I tell you this. I mean, this is not something I can help. It's just who she is. The 'she' I'm referring to is my mom. She is abandoning us today to go see these guys.
She claims to be a 'child of the 80s' - that liking rock music sung by men who use more makeup and hairspray than she does is beyond her control. Well, we say she's far from being a child. Forty year old women going to see these guys? Early onset of dementia, perhaps. But no matter what is wrong with HER, we hope that you - our friends - will not stop coming by to see us. You see, we need you now more than ever!
Hmm... maybe your human knows who my human's boyfriend is then. He plays guitar in a band that had exactly one hit in the '80s and they were (and are) called Kix. He also plays in a band from the '80s that didn't have any hits at all called Rhino Bucket, but apparently they are pretty popular in Europe because they are touring there right now. Back in the '80s and 90s, my human did a lot of rock journalism, specializing in hard rock and heavy metal. She interviewed Slash, and while she did not interview Ozzy, she was on a music industry panel about censorship with him and his wife Sharon. That was in 1988 (I just added that last part to really date her!).
ReplyDeleteWe cannot control our humans. Well, not enough anyway. So we fully support you and of course we will keep visiting you. We kitties must stick together to deal with human adversity. And to discuss analogia glands.
ReplyDeleteYep... human beans will be human beans. There's not accounting for their taste sometimes, but we all love them anyways...
ReplyDeletepawhugs, Max
Of course we will still visit you. Mom can go see whoever she wants and whoever makes her happy. If she is happy more treats for you. Hope all of you have a great week end
ReplyDeleteFuzzy, we are so happy that your vet visit is behind you....and we are purring you won't have to go again for a very long time.
ReplyDeleteYup, there are lotza times that we really wonder about our humans.....but we just gotta love them anyway.
xxxxx
Fuzzy and Zoe, we would NEVER stop coming over to see you. Why, we just love you two. You know, if your mom ever brought one of those guys home, you could have the best time climbing into all their hair!
ReplyDeletexoxox
Fuzzy and Zoe...I am bestest friends wif you. NO way would I stop..on accounta my mom is a metal head too. I have to LISTEN to that stuff!!!
ReplyDeletewe're glad that you're okay and we hope you mum has fun seeing those guys!
ReplyDeleteWow, I can't imagine that the gland expressing is much fun, thankfully you dont have to go too often!!! I hope your mum enjoys her concert :-)
ReplyDeleteFuzzy, we're glad your vet visit went well. And we're sorry your mom is abandoning you and Zoe today. We find that humans like to relive their youth....
ReplyDeleteOur Mommy is even older than YOURS! She gets all fainty over Aerosmith and Led Zepplin. Although she likes Green Day, too.
ReplyDeleteTell your Mom that a warm washcloth might help loosen up your zit. Kitty Zits!! hahahaha!!!
Hi Fuzzy, That doesn't sound like it was a very fun V.E.T. visit. We're purrin' for ya girl! As for your Mom? Don't worry. Have you SEEN the pictures of our Momma's pajamas?? Talk about EMBARRASSING!! So your Mom being a Metalhead is no big deal. We still love you.
ReplyDeleteIt is great to know you are okay. Hopefully you don't have to go back to vet for a long time. I am kind of worry wart too so I have taken my boys to the vet for something which turned out to be nothing later. My boys complain, but you can't be too careful, right? :-)
ReplyDeleteI hope your mom has a lot of fun at the concert!
I am so enjoyng my day with Gracie visiting with her and meeting some of her friends. I want to thank you for the anniversary wishes your left for me and the dad the other day. That was so nice of you.
ReplyDeleteOh the gland cleaning . . . I, Gracie, have heard about those things. That cannot be a good exam poor baby.